Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday's

Seriously lacking motivation today.
Why are Mondays such a struggle, you struggle to get up in the morning, and then you struggle your way through the day.
I want to start my day with drive and enthusiasm, but I'm finding that very hard to do at the moment. If money was no issue I'd lock myself away in some sort of studio, try my hand at painting again (I keep thinking I have the potential to paint something decent, but in reality would probably suck at it)! anyway yes I want to be inspired and want to drink wine and be creative, creative in a way that I've never been before...It's a pity real life and having to actually earn a few pounds gets in the way...
Anyway hope everyone has a good week, don't know where all that came from !!

Anyway I had a lovely weekend in Edinburgh catching up with Ali, Jamie, baby Rachel and the other Whitehead girls. Hopefully put some pictures up later on this evening.

Kaz x

Ohh and another thing I read this on someone's blog today:

The BBC recently reported a very sad report ... when you are in your 20's and 30's you have an average of 34 friends, when you get older and move into 40's and 50's you have an average of 16 friends ...
How sad that one of the things which we, and let's just say the whole western world, needs most, actually declines as we need it more.
As we get older, we hit more obstacles. We get hurt more. We learn more, and as result perhaps become more Cynical, bitter, inward focused and self-defeated, and so we become less hopeful, less adventurious - less alive.
We need more friends. Real friends. People who will stand by you when you simply need someone to stand by you - even if you're wrong


Thought it was a good point to make, how many of us have had friends that just slip away..?? We shouldn't let this happen, these are the people that know us the best and should be appreciated every day. While in Edinburgh I happened to mention that us Whitehead girls all went to the same Playschool, and are now still in pretty decent contact, some more that others but in contact all the same. We are extremely lucky to have that, and it's something that I hope continues!!! So if you consider yourself one of my friends, just remember I appreciate you! If you are no longer my friend then it's your fault not mine lol


wee Rachel, and a cutie called Karen

2 comments:

ali wilson said...

i reckon that as you get older you have less friends because you naturally weed out all the naff ones. You naturally lose touch with the ones that dont mean as much to you. the ones you keep in touch with are all the more important and deeper because of it. i'd much rather have a few good friends than lots of aquaintances.

Kaz said...

good point Ali, can't see how you could possibly have 30 odd really close friends..