Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Black and White Film Photo Shoot

Hey there,

Time to blog a bit more about photography. Ok so i used up my first film for my portrait assignment and went into college today to see what I had produced. I was apprehensive as per usual, you just never know with film if you've got anything worth keeping or is it all going to be rubbish. Either that or you screw up the entire film when developing and end up never knowing whether it was good or not!! Anyway, i got passed all that and ended up with a few pretty decent shots, which isn't bad from one roll of film. I'm now going for a James Dean, kind of rebel without a cause type theme now. My tutor looked at one of my shots and suggested I go down this line. So at this stage he knows much more than me, so i figured I'd take his advice. Just means i've much more work to do and have to get my ass out with the next film.
Neil was my willing candidate as always, which is great, but i need to give him a rest and will be using Gordon for my studio stuff, but more on that at a later date. So have a wee look below and tell me what you think, these are scans from the prints i produced today, one has scanned out kind of sepia in tone, which works as well... So as I say, feedback welcome, this is all lots of fun and keeps me extremely busy...

Speak soon.

K



5 comments:

Neil J M said...

You should dodge out the Guinness lips some more on the next print - at the moment they're hard to spot, so it looks like I've just got a ridiculous pout on. :/

Apart from that, I love how these turned out. Anyone who can get a halfway decent-looking shot of me has talent, missy.

NJM

Kaz said...

ahh black and white film my friend, can't go manipulating ;)

Neil J M said...

Well you were dodging areas in the darkroom on your first assignment, weren't ya (the waterfall for example)? They say the camera never lies, but that's rubbish... :D

Looking forward to the next shoot!

NJM x

Kaz said...

ahh it'd be way too hard to do..

Might not end up using that one.. we'll see what else we can get from you Mr James Dean/Sean Penn ;)

Neil J M said...

Whoohoo! \o/